1. Sing. Open your mouth and sing your favorite tune. Then, do it again. Listen to a recording and then sing your song again. Think consciously about how you want to sound. Listen to a different recording, and compare it to the first one and to how you were singing. Keep trying to improve your interpretation and see what you can do.
2. Write. Open up a Word document, a journal, or compose an email to yourself. You might be surprised what you come up with.
3. Watch a free webinar. Google a favorite topic like music and see what you can learn.
4. Move. Go for a walk, inside or outside. Light exercise can change your mindset and give you a different perspective on the day.
5. Go outside, or at a minimum, look through a window. There’s a whole world out there to remember and explore.
6. Make up a rhyme. Pick a word and go on from that. Then create a second one.
7. Read. Pick up a book or magazine, or open a browser and read Google news to expand your thoughts for the day.
8. Meditate. Sit back, close your eyes, and listen to the world around you.
9. Have a conversation. Reach out to a friend, relative or someone you haven’t spoken to in awhile to get their perspective on life, meaning, or current events.
10. Laugh. Google your favorite comic (Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling and John Oliver are three of my favorites) and start your day off with some humor.